Pulmonary Rehabiliation Program:
The Villa has partnered with a premier local pulmonary group to provide pulmonary rehabilitation for our residents with a host of pulmonary related diagnoses. Residents enrolled in the program benefit from, from full time respiratory therapy services, regular pulmonary oversight, physical and occupational therapy, and more. This program has been shown to restore function and independence to some of the most compromised residents with pulmonary disease.
- A licensed respiratory Therapist will complete a respiratory assessment and create a care plan for you or your loved one, ensuring that the resident reaches his or her highest level of functioning.
- Utilizing Clinical Practice Guidelines, our licensed respiratory therapists conduct regular assessments to monitor for potential respiratory related issues.
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy services are available 7 days a week.
- Respiratory Therapy is available 5 days a week, with a respiratory therapist on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Weekly rounds are conducted by Pulmonary Associates of Stamford.
- Supplemental exercise program specially designed for the residents of The Villa’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
- The pulmonary and respiratory team at The Villa conduct weekly meetings with the resident and his or her family to update them on the resident’s pulmonary condition and to respond to questions or concerns.
- At The Villa our highly trained staff are licensed to conduct Tracheostomy Care and are trained to wean and decannulate our residents, so that the highest level of functioning is reached.
- Assistance with coordination of post-discharge visit to the residents Pulmonologist, DME (durable medical equipment) & HHA (home health aide) contact, and post-discharge follow-up calls to the resident.